Monday, April 25, 2011

Caliz for Spring

A week and two days later I am wearing this, AVFKW's Proverbial number 3, designed by Rosemary Hill. How appropriate that I've finished in time for "Monday's Musing", which I always look forward to reading.





Caliz - modelled by AVFKW
Caliz - modelled by AVFKW
"The smell of moss, the sight of earth" in 70/30 silk/camel is AVFKW's Spring Proverbial yarn. I love this description. The subtly mottled spring-green silk/camel weighs very little and provides instant warmth.

I learned the knitted cast-on, stretchy bind-off, and how to see yarn-overs more clearly (there was a bit of ripping and re-doing while learning all this), and there are spring "bunnies" embedded in this work which make it uniquely mine. [...great euphemism...]


No comments:

Post a Comment