Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Ground

Wished I were with others elsewhere,
yet solace is found
in immersing myself in the movement.
We each lift our burdens alone, so I have
returned to this place of mine.
Drove back from holiday and
saw those who continue to
labor without the benefit of the holiday.
Saw tears from those betrayed,
as I have also felt betrayed at times,
more recently through
heritage and my story of how I came to
reap the fruits of this land of
opportunity.  Meanwhile others, from their
privileged perches, sail through the clouds.

On another note, art experienced from
galleries and essential commentary was
marred by a supplementary presentation
not well organized nor edited for the
time allotment.  Too bad because a better use
of my time would have been to re-visit
the artist's work in the gallery.

Was depressed as hell, but reminded myself that
this is not tumblr (if you've seen, you know that proclivity).
Lifting off with rejuvenation.

No comments:

Post a Comment